[lug] source rpm dependencies

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Thu Mar 15 15:45:17 MST 2001

Sean Reifschneider wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 15, 2001 at 02:43:06PM -0700, Nate Duehr wrote:
> >This is where I love dpkg.  "bash - provides sh".
> >Go Debian!  :-) hahaha...
>
> As if RPM doesn't have that...  It would seem that the SRPM that's being
> built is broken (at least from a RedHat standpoint).  Is there some sort
> of pre-req in the .spec file that is asking for /bin/sh?  What is the
> result of "rpm -qf /bin/sh" on that machine?

bash-1.14.7-22

But it wants "sh", not "bash". Best I can figure out, it is a
combination of this and some idiot requirement for perl, but it doesn't
properly find perl. I went into the spec file, deleted all references to
perl, but it still fails the "sh". "sh" isn't even in the spec file as a
requirement, but the rpm -bb --nodeps still ends with:
+ exit 0
PreReq: /bin/sh

All I can figure is that some recursive requirement for sh is there that
isn't in the starting spec file. If I could find the spec file
responsible for that, I'd delete the sh requirement (or change it to
bash).