[lug] FUD -- Big time....

rm at mamma.varadinet.de rm at mamma.varadinet.de
Fri Mar 16 04:38:23 MST 2001

On Thu, Mar 15, 2001 at 01:48:41PM -0700, lpotter wrote:
> At 12:15 3/15/2001 -0700, you wrote:
> >Naa, he is just compensating for David's:
> >
> >From: "David Willcox"
> >To: "LINUX User group" <lug at lug.boulder.co.us>
> >Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 13:48:04 -0700
> >
> >At 11:53 AM 3/15/2001 -0700, you wrote:
> >>Your clock's out of whack...
> >>

> >>               Tue, 02 Jun 1992 07:34:20 -0600
>
> heh, well, actually, I was using a time crippled windows, uh, shareware
> program, run with another program that changes the date to a specified
> date, and changes it back when the program closes., so I can continue to
> use the program without paying the good programmer that wrote it.
> Thank goodness there's none of that crap on linux.
> Time crippled gnome?

There's actually a kernel modul that does exactly that
(give back 'incorrect' times whne the syscall is made
by certain processes). No, gnome isn't crippled, but
the now defunct Linux version of FrameMaker stopped
working on January 1st. I had the option to move
erverything back to the old Mac LCII for one week
of finishing work or to tweak with my kernel ...
guess what i did :-/

  Ralf