[lug] Local Linux Show Participation

J. Wayde Allen wallen at lug.boulder.co.us
Wed Mar 21 15:11:10 MST 2001

On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, D. Stimits wrote:

> I'll help that day if I can get in for free :>

Ferdinand has the latest info on that, but I think that the BLUG gets
something like 6 free floor passes.  However, I'm guessing that these
don't give you full access to the show.  Anyway, check with Ferdinand to
get the details.

> I'd have to make it for after noon though, email me if you have some
> sort of schedule you might use.

You guys need to CREATE a schedule.

> I have a game for linux, but I don't think it is ready yet for mass
> bragging rights.

Sounds to me like something that you may want to show off!  It is your
call, but if this is an open source project and you are interested in
getting more people involved it might make sense to show people what
you've got and explain where you are wanting to go with it.

> I'm sure that if you have a machine, Loki games could
> offer something to put on it.

Agreed, but I don't have a machine.  If you guys want to set this up
someone needs to dig one up somewhere.  Not to mention that someone needs
to contact Loki to see about getting the software, and someone will need
to set it up and demo it.

Great ideas - you just need warm bodies to make it all happen.  Anyone
...?

- Wayde
  (wallen at lug.boulder.co.us)