[lug] CGI Generated PDFs and MS Explorer 5.5 Problems...

Michael J. Pedersen marvin at keepthetouch.org
Thu Mar 22 08:14:35 MST 2001

On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 07:08:29AM -0700, Ryan Kirkpatrick wrote:
> 	I have a CGI program that dynamically generates PDF files and
> returns them to the user's web browser for it to display. This works

While I have no idea as to the cause of this problem, I do have a request:
Is there any chance you could post the CGI someplace? I could use it quite
nicely, and think it would make a decent addition to a code library (even if
all I can ever use it for is reference on how to generate a PDF file).

The only idea I have for your problem sounds like it's already been done: Have
the CGI generate the pdf file, and save it, then see what happens when the
saved pdf gets served.

Here's a possible idea, though: Have your CGI generate a static pdf file into
a specific directory. Then, once done, the CGI will send a redirect to the
client, redirecting to the static pdf file. It might work.

--
Michael J. Pedersen
My GnuPG KeyID: 4E724A60        My Public Key Available At: wwwkeys.pgp.net