[lug] CGI Generated PDFs and MS Explorer 5.5 Problems...

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Thu Mar 22 11:18:27 MST 2001

First thing I would have to wonder is if people upgraded IE without
upgrading the pdf ActiveX component. There is a possibility that the pdf
component also needs a matching upgrade (whether or not such an upgrade
exists).

In the code below, I also wonder if something happened where it now
fails to interpret the "\n" notation, now requiring the Windowsism of
"\r\n". Where you have:
> print "Content-Length: $bytes\n",
Try making each \n as \r\n.

The reason I grasp at something so silly and improbable is that you said
the two were identical. What remains are the non-printing characters,
such as newlines.