[lug] aliases

charles at lunarmedia.net charles at lunarmedia.net
Tue Apr 24 20:22:03 MDT 2001

> I don't suppose that you added craig and tony to an already existing
> alias and then forgot to run the newaliases command?  Just a reminder that
> you need to run the newaliases command for changes to the aliases file to
> take affect.

	yes. i tried a few things to start troubleshooting. first, i
	removed the " " space between each user:

	abuse:	charles,tony,craig

	i've also, been using the init script to restart sendmail which
	i believe issues newaliases:

        echo -n "Starting sendmail: "
        /usr/bin/newaliases > /dev/null 2>&1

	i tried running 'newaliases' alone and still nothing.
	i am not sure if possibly the problem is involving the init script
	or not. i was just curious to hear if anyone had run into this
	exact problem.

	thanks.