[lug] aliases

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Fri Apr 27 01:34:37 MDT 2001

On Thu, Apr 26, 2001 at 09:52:29AM -0600, John Hernandez wrote:
> Well, I've heard lots of talk about exim, but I have never tried to use it.  In what situations is exim preferable to sendmail?  What are the opinions of those who use it?  I'm trying to determine if it's worth my time to learn exim, despite my substantial time investment in mastering sendmail.
>
> -John

Nah... stick with whatever you know.  Debian uses exim by default so
I've been using it for a long time now and like it.

A recent two-week frustration with trying to figure out how virtual
domains REALLY work in exim took some of the shine off my happiness for
it, but my friend's machine now does what he wanted it to do and we both
know more about virtual domains in exim now than we EVER wanted to
know...

It has a few features I like but recent versions of Sendmail have added
similar things and really it's just a matter of preference... kinda like
emacs and vi.

"nobody ever got fired for choosing sendmail" ... hehe.

--
Nate Duehr <nate at natetech.com>