[lug] Big Brother taking over!

Deva Samartha blug-receive at mtbwr.net
Sun Apr 29 22:48:28 MDT 2001

Just after I reflected my QWEST DSL service in comparison to Northpoint and
other failed ventures, I ran across this:

which points to:

http://www.siliconvalley.com/docs/news/svfront/msn042701.htm

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20010426/tc/tech_microsoft_qwest_dc_1.html

Looks as if they will be pushing M$oft TV down the pipe and I bet they will
retard everything else but their services if they get it up anyway.

It looks as if QWEST.net's is being replaced by MSN and if one does not
like the switch - hit the road again.

are there any alternatives out there servicing Longmont?

currently, I am paying $ 85 for a 600 k ADSL with 8 static IP's, DSN is
funky at times with QWEST but otherwise i have no complaints.

Earthlink wants $ 120 for 144 k ADSL and doesn't even service Longmont.

What a pain!

Samartha