[lug] Linux 'dc' command

David Willcox acesouth at frii.com
Mon Apr 30 11:26:50 MDT 2001

Hi,
I did something by mistake. I was trying to think of a command that would
copy one  floppy to another and typed 'dc' by mistake. Then I saw a pause so
I press CTL Z to get out of it . After that I saw a '0' (zero) and I knew I
was into something I shouldn't be in. It then said 'stack cleared'. Well
I thought all was well at the business site where I have a business
application running for a Pawnshop. Then empolyees began telling me that
every customer invoice was
showing a '0' (zero) for each causing the appl. to errror.

Is there a way to undo what I did or does someone have an answer to what I
can do to fix this 'stack cleared' thing. I have heard of stacks in
programming but never had to use that level of programming before. I am used
to a little linux and a business application written in basic.

Thanks for any help you can offer and by the way you guys are great and know
your stuff and I for one really appreciate this group,

Dave Willcox :-)