[lug] Job Postings

J. Wayde Allen wallen at lug.boulder.co.us
Tue May 1 13:49:20 MDT 2001

I don't much mind the occasional advertisement for someone wanting to hire
someone to do Linux work.  We've even tolerated the occasional request
from individuals looking for work, but that is starting to drift off into
the grey zone.

In the last few days I have the feeling that the number of job request
postings has started to increase, and I would like to discourage
that.  There are a number of on-line job request lists and web pages.  I
would encourage you to use these.  A quick yahoo search finds me:

   http://www.e-oasis.com/rmiug-jobs/0514.html
   http://www.rockymountainjobs.com/
   http://www.techmindsinc.com/
   http://www.coloradojobs.com/resumehelp.html
   http://www.nationjob.com/boulder/

To name just a very few.  I just grabbed these fast so don't take this
list as an endorsement of these services.  My point is that there are a
lot of places you can go where such postings are more apropos.

The BLUG has not set up such a service since these others already exist,
and it didn't seem to be worth our time to duplicate this effort.  I
believe that the CLUE has a job line configured over at
<http://www.egroups.com/subscribe/CLUEJOBS>.  That is another option.

In any case, I don't want the BLUG discussion list to become a help wanted
or job seek forum.

- Wayde
  (wallen at lug.boulder.co.us)