[lug] question about dd

David Trowbridge jupiter at flatirons.org
Sun May 6 10:21:46 MDT 2001

This is fiarly simple, but there are a couple issues I'd like to raise:
first, the command to do this is:
dd if=/dev/hd<n> of=file

The problems with this is that it will copy everything - partition tables,
disk sizes, etc, so if you use your image to write a drive that is not
exactly the same size, it will not fill up the disk completely, and may
not even work at all.

-David

David Trowbridge
jupiter at flatirons.org
http://jupiter.babylonia.flatirons.org

"Base 8 is just like base 10 really...if you're missing two fingers"
	-Tom Lehrer