[lug] LaTeX and distilling to PDF

Todd Ruskell truskell at Mines.EDU
Fri May 18 14:02:09 MDT 2001

You can always turn your eps figures into pdf.  If they're generated with xfig, use
the pdf export option instead of eps.  Or, you could try to pstill the graphics into
pdf.  Another option would be to use pstoedit to convert your eps to fig, and then
use fig to save as pdf.  I'm sure there are other possible routes.

pdflatex will read pdf graphics just like dvips reads eps graphics.   For regular
latex and dvips, I use

\usepackage[dvips]{graphics,color}

For pdflatex, I simply remove the [dvips] option.

I can then

\includegraphics{filename.???}

where ??? depends on the file type.

- Todd