[lug] vi macro for paragraph justification

Tkil tkil at scrye.com
Wed May 30 09:12:08 MDT 2001

>>>>> "Michael" == Michael J Hammel <mjhammel at graphics-muse.org> writes:

Michael> Very cool.  You have no idea how much this will help me.  I'm
Michael> stuck using emacs in viper mode and couldn't figure out how
Michael> to get "gq" to work.  "gq" does roughly the same thing as
Michael> "!}fmt", but in viper mode under emacs "gq" doesn't work.
Michael> "!}fmt" does, however.

if you're using emacs, you can use the built-in "justifying"
functions.  in this case, you can bind "fill-paragraph" to any key
combination that isn't in use yet.

  M-x local-set-key RET f1 fill-paragraph RET

you might even be able to make gq work the way you expect.

t.