[lug] hooray, anti spam

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Thu May 31 19:42:48 MDT 2001

Sean Reifschneider wrote:

> On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 06:39:59PM -0600, D. Stimits wrote:
> >One thing I regret about having my ISP hold my POP mail is that I can't
> >force some domains or senders to bounce straight back...by the time I
>
> While bouncing is a problem, it's easy enough to set it up so that the
> e-mail comes in and then gets filtered into different boxes based on it's
> headers and contents.  Did the e-mail hit your ISP via a relay in Korea?
> Slam it into the "spam" folder which you check weekly.  It's also easy
> enough to do retro-active RBL checking this way (and you can review it
> instead of just bouncing it).

I already do all of the above, but instead of myself having to view it,
I'd rather have the other end sending the spam get hit by bounce
messages (it would be better if their results showed this as an invalid
email address from their domain). Last night about 2 am I went to sleep
after checking email. This morning I woke up and had 173 new emails. I
have a strong dislike for wasting time on spammers. And most of them are
outright frauds with forged headers, invalid removal links, and
stupid/false statements like "you requested this".

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com