[lug] Writing supervise scripts

John Starkey jstarkey at advancecreations.com
Sat Jun 2 00:19:31 MDT 2001

Hello all.

I've been moving everything over to daemontools. But several of my
scripts, which are just dupes of the startup commands are producing
Zombies left and right. Like a simple:

#!/bin/bash

exec '/usr/bin/imapd/imapd'

Is dieing and leaving zombies while restarting. I killed the running
process completely and stopped supervise imap and tried again... still
zombies. Running that command by itself works fine.

Anyone know of a good tutorial or page on writing scripts and how
supervise works? The daemontools page is really only focused on the app.
Not much in the way of working with daemons in general. I've consulted
google and several mailing list archives to now avail.

Thanks,

John