[lug] talking to a 10.x.x.x box

Trever C. Trader ttrader at treveronline.com
Mon Jun 11 17:27:22 MDT 2001

The cisco 678 has built-in daemons for NAT and DHCP.
Any device that you hook up to it obtains a lease from the DHCP daemon
built into it and does automatic NAT.

If you get into the 678 (via console or telnet) you can do a "show
interface" and it will tell you the IP address of something like Serial0
on the 678 (that's your external IP address).

Hope this helps.