[lug] Oracle

Kyle Moore kmoore at trustamerica.com
Mon Jun 11 18:41:22 MDT 2001

I'm cruising through the Oracle Admin guide but was wondering one
specific thing. I was hoping that one of you with Oracle experience
might be able to tell me if you have to have a DBA to do things like
create tables and columns and such. A big deal with our application
developers is not to have to call the DBA every time they need something
done.

I assume Oracle is like every other SQL db I have used in that you can
give users specific roles and allow them to CREATE, INSERT, DROP, etc.

-Kyle