[lug] Oracle

Steven Deal Steven.Deal at requisite.com
Mon Jun 11 19:00:30 MDT 2001

You might want to give that specific catalog those permissions. Say your sid
is ora. Log into that sid with sys permissions...
sql> create user blah identified by blah;
sql> grant connect to blah;
sql> grant resource to blah;
sql> connect blah/blah at xyz

Then one can connect as blah/blah at that sid and create/alter/delete to their
hearts content. Of course, the above is very general. One can be very
specific about granting permissions to catalogs. Oracle is VERY
configurable... kind of like a certain OS dear to our hearts (OK, maybe not
that configurable). Nevertheless, I'd keep a tight hold of that guide. But
to answer your question... not at all.

HTH