[lug] need a module alias name

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Fri Jun 15 00:00:06 MDT 2001

I have a 2.4.x kernel, with the following modules for a joystick:
joydev
gameport
ns558
analog

I've added the following to /etc/modules.conf so I can simply run
"modprobe analog" and ahve it install all related modules:
pre-install analog /sbin/modprobe ns558
pre-install ns558 /sbin/modprobe gameport
pre-install gameport /sbin/modprobe joydev

What I'm having a problem with, despite having the kerneld running for
module autoloading, is that I must still manually modprobe analog for it
to work. If /dev/js0 (a sym link to /dev/input/js0) is accessed, is
there an alias I can add to modules.conf which will allow it to
autoload? I don't see any messages in /var/log/messages, so I have no
clue what it wants...is there an alias or other name I can alias to
"analog" to get it to autoload?

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com