[lug] Firewall Info

Kyle Moore kmoore at trustamerica.com
Fri Jun 15 08:28:33 MDT 2001

I have a server blocked totally from the outside by our firewall but it
does have a public IP. Our network is such a mess it is amazing to me it
works but I have no control over that. I need to be able to ssh to an
outside server and have them be able to ssh to me. We have conveyed that
to the network admin and he assures us the firewall has been modified to
allow that functionality. The problem is...it doesn't. I am positive it
is the firewall. I have scanned the box from the outside server and come
up with no open ports.

My question is...is there any way to tell from the inside server what
ports are open on my firewall letting me out of my network?
--
Kyle Moore
UNIX SysAdmin