[lug] Apache CGI's and Redhat

Greg Horne jeerygh at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 19 14:02:24 MDT 2001

Ok, Here goes.  I have been working on a problem on my machine for a few
days now.  I am using Apache 1.3.3 on Redhat 7.0 with kernel 2.4.5.  I have
allowed .cgi access in this way:
-------------------------------------
snippet from: httpd.conf
-------------------------------------
AddHandler cgi-script cgi pl

Alias /cgi-bin/ "/home/www/*/html/cgi-bin/"

<Directory "/cgi-bin/">
    AllowOverride None
    Options ExecCGI
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

<Virtualhost blah.blah.blah.blah>
ServerAdmin blah at schmack.com
DocumentRoot /home/www/test/html
ServerName blah.blah.blah.blah
ErrorLog blah
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/home/www/test/html/cgi-bin/"
</VirtualHost>

With this I can execute any *.cgi files.  The problem is I can't execute
anything else that is in the directory like *.pl or I get an "Error 500
Interal Server Problem, premature end of script headers".  At the top of the
scripts I am pointing the the directory that contains perl, which I verified
by finding it myself. Eg. #!/usr/bin/perl

If anybody can help me I would be very thankful.  Like I said I have been at
this for a while, and found a lot of message boards to be of no use.  Thanks
in advance.

Greg