[lug] Apache CGI's and Redhat

Eric Kilfoil ekilfoil at viawest.net
Tue Jun 19 14:17:34 MDT 2001

Hrmm... this seems like a very odd config.  I would use something like
this:

<Directory "/home/www/">
	AllowOverride None
	Order allow,deny
	Allow from all
</Directory>

<Virtualhost blah.blah.blah.blah>
ServerAdmin blah at schmack.com
DocumentRoot /home/www/test/html
ServerName blah.blah.blah.blah
ErrorLog blah
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/home/www/test/html/cgi-bin/"
</VirtualHost>

You don't really need the rest of that stuff.  The "ScriptAlias" config
option tells apache that everything in the specified directory should be
executed (not read).

ExecCGI tells apache that scripts ending with the specified extension
should be executed.  Also, keep in mind, that you should use something
such as:

Add-handler cgi-script .cgi

instead of

Add-handler cgi-script cgi

With the second example, someone requesting a file named mycgi would be
executed, which may not be desired.  With the first example, the file name
would be required to be my.cgi to get executed.

eric