wvdial (was: Re: [lug] config modem w/ mandrake7.2)

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Thu Jun 21 17:43:39 MDT 2001

On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 07:38:18AM -0600, ljp wrote:
>Back when I used a dialup, I used good ol' ppp-on and emacs to configure it.
>That way, if X wasn't working, I could always get on the net and download or

Yeah, I used ppp-on for the most part as well, until recently when my
existing ppp-on scripts just stopped working and I couldn't figure out why.
They didn't seem to be doing the chat phase correctly.  I could manually
dial and login and get the PPP session, but ppp-on/chat didn't seem to be
doing the same thing.

That's why I switched to wvdial.  It took me a lot less time to get wvdial
working than I had spent on trying to get ppp-on working again.

Sean
--
 If we could sell our experiences for what they cost us, we'd all be
 millionaires.  -- Abigail Van Buren