[lug] Re: Scp Config

Gary Frerking garyf at turbopower.com
Thu Jun 28 15:53:22 MDT 2001

Along the lines of what John mentioned, I've seen interactive logins
disabled for specific accounts by not having a shell assigned to the
account at all (or assigning some sort of null shell or something to the
account -- like '/bin/false'?).

I've seen this sort of technique used more than once on more than one
flavor of *nix. I seem to recall the details varied a bit depending on
the *nix.

I don't have the details of how to do it handy, it's just a faint memory
-- sorry.

Hopefully this will give you enough of a pointer (or trigger someone
else's memory).

-- Gary