[lug] Is this a linux issue? no download in browser

Rob Mohr robmohr at earthnet.net
Mon Jul 2 08:44:14 MDT 2001

Hello BLUG,

Either using Chimera or Mozilla whilst I am at the opera site, trying to
download Opera for Linux, debian distro, when I hit the download button,
the browser goes blank, crashes.  Both do so.

This is a 486, 20 meg ram, 56 dial up.  What I really want is a method to
get through my ISP to read my email via pine.  Up until two years ago, I
did that via telnet.  Then my ISP required ssh via PuTTy on my win setups.
If the browser is java capable, then I may use their online ssh/telnet
client.  The other venue is setting up ssh on my setup.  I have it, it
just a mess of files, and on first inspection, the install config did not
seem clear to me.  I looked at PuTTY, but is did not look to have a
version for X.  True?
eof