[lug] C Programming help

ljp ljp at llornkcor.com
Wed Jul 11 21:00:40 MDT 2001

7/12/2001 22:30:45, valeski at netscape.com (Judson Valeski) wrote:

>MANIGANDAN V wrote:
>
>>Is there any good IDE for C,C++ compilers.
>>
>loaded question :-). linux is my primary development platform, by
>choice, but I have made _severe_ sacrifices moving over to it. IMO,
>there are no "good" IDE's for linux. I personally use a product called
>Visual Slick Edit which is a pretty decent editor and source tree
>manager. Most linux development revolves around gcc as the compiler (I
>have no quams w/ the compiler), and gdb as the debugger. I haven't tried
>any of the new front ends for gdb, but, after growing up w/ Visual
>Studio on windows from Microsoft, gdb is a major pain to play w/.

KDevelop in my opinion, is a great IDE. Although it is somewhat limited, it's the best in linux.
and is integrated with gdb. printf works wonders for debugging without a debugger.
Another great IDE is emacs. I use it with the 'speedbar', on linux AND windows.
On linux, I also use ccview, which is a class viewer that can use emacs to navigate by classes.
There is also and IDE called KStudio by the Kompany that's ok, but not as mature as KDevelop.
There's also GIDE, Glade, [flamesuit] and for those that are masochistic, vi, or vim [/flamesuit]
:)