[lug] rdev

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Sat Jul 14 19:34:33 MDT 2001

I'm playing around (still) with CD standalone creation, and now I think
I need to run rdev. Basically I have my original kernel which was
mounted on a scsi root device, and need to point it instead at /dev/ram0
as the root. I'm a bit nervous about doing this, and wondering if anyone
can tell me a sample of rdev to run if the kernel is /mnt/tmp/vmlinuz,
and I want it to point to /dev/ram0 as the root partition? Apparently it
isn't enough to change fstab, since the kernel must know where to read
fstab from in the first place. I don't want to accidently change the
wrong thing.

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com