[lug] Photo gallery software

Warren Sanders sanders at MontanaLinux.Org
Sun Jul 15 16:09:43 MDT 2001

On Sat, 14 Jul 2001, Ronald Kumon wrote:

> Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 21:47:58 -0600 (MDT)
> From: Ronald Kumon <kumon at boulder.nist.gov>
> To: Boulder Linux Users Group <lug at lug.boulder.co.us>
> Subject: [lug] Photo gallery software
>
> I'm looking for a software package that will help me to generate
> "photo gallery" web pages with thumbnails and captions, given directories
> full of images.   I would appreciate any recommendations people could
> provide.  Thanks.
> --Ron Kumon

I first started with a simple frames style with thumbs on the left and a
plain target to the main frame with nothing else but the image.  Then
found an almost identical gallery that had a simple php builds the main
html around the image dynamically.  Later Martin added an auto slide-show
to this, but before I upgraded my script I had upgraded to RH7 and the
script failed to run anymore.  So I'd suggest RH6.2 or lower.  See
http://dougiamas.com/photoframe/ I see he has updated this again so it may
work better.

But now I have been using this gallery from
http://math.whitman.edu/~mcmahahb/pictures.html  There is a captions
program in Java also separate from the perl script used to create the
static html pages.  I use SWIGS currently for both my two kids; you may
visit them first from http://Adea.SandersOnline.org  The java-script I
added may not be compatible with many browsers yet so use Netscape if you
have problems.

--
Warren Sanders
http://MontanaLinux.Org