[lug] Photo gallery software

Terry Branaman tbranaman at firstworld.net
Sun Jul 15 14:49:01 MDT 2001

Ronald Kumon wrote:

> I'm looking for a software package that will help me to generate
> "photo gallery" web pages with thumbnails and captions, given directories
> full of images.   I would appreciate any recommendations people could
> provide.  Thanks.
> --Ron Kumon

 I had a similar problem recently -- over 500 photos from a vacation
trip that I want to post on the Web. I got some excelent suggestions for
software to manipulate the images (create thumnail sized images, and
create copies with a higher compression rate). I then wrote a perl
script to create the index.html file and do the image manipulation. I
have included the script as an attachment.