[lug] It slows down

David dajo at frii.com
Fri Jul 20 15:48:25 MDT 2001

I nearly did not post my mail since I was not sure that it was
interesting enough, hmmmm.  Thank you everyone for the replies, all
interesting in themselves, and especially interesting en masse, maybe
Linux is not quite so reliable after all ==8-O  I
shall indeed do some checking if&when I run into the problem again.

Here a couple of points that come up.

John Hernandez - my system has top and vmstat, but no sar, nor
iostat.  What does that mean please?

Tim Klein - I was cracked once, a few months ago; now I subscribe to
KRUD, hoping that tummy will save me.

David Morris - do you have a record of the name/pid/or? of that ghost
process?  As I wrote before, Netscape is a prime suspect for me; maybe
you have the solution.

dajo