[lug] local network

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Sat Jul 21 14:36:29 MDT 2001

I just noticed the ppp0 entry...so then this changes my prior
email...can I assume you are using a modem on both machines? In that
case, the ppp0 entry for "inet addr" is the correct one. When you
mention that ping does not work, are you using the ppp0 entries? You
might try to "traceroute 216.17.156.114" (or whichever is correct at the
moment; try traceroute to the same machine you are running ping from, as
well as traceroute to the opposite machine; do this from both machines).
What does that show?

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com