[lug] Win NT password

John Hernandez John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Tue Jul 24 12:42:10 MDT 2001

Nice, Hugh!  I was wondering how we could somehow rescue this OT (erm, Windoze) post...

I was going to say something along the lines of - there is no recourse, nothing can be done but format and install Linux!!

-John

Hugh Brown wrote:

> Not that this is really useful, but a while back, I heard about a linux
> rescue disk that someone had hacked up to allow you to muck with the
> windows registry.
>
> Hugh
>
> "Greg Horne"
> >
> > Hmmmmmm,
> >      So my boss comes to me and asks if there is a way to get into NT if the
> > administrator password has been lost.  Aparently one of our clients did just
> > so.  I can do this in Unix, but i'm not so sure about NT.  Has anybody had a
> > similar experience, and come up with a solution that doens't involve a
> > re-install?
> >
> > Greg

  - John Hernandez - Network Engineer - 303-497-6392 -
 |  National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration   |
 |  Mailstop R/OM12. 325 Broadway, Boulder, CO 80305  |