[lug] HP Web JetAdmin & Debian & FPM packages...

B. O'Fallon bof at americanisp.net
Tue Jul 24 23:02:27 MDT 2001

Ryan Kirkpatrick wrote:
> I looked all over HP's website (as slow and unorganized as it is),
> and could not find the Win98 version of JetAdmin, just their download
> manager. Would you please point me in the right direction to find
> it? Thanks.

According to this page

	http://www.hp.com/cposupport/networking/support_doc/bpj06765.html

	HP Jetadmin discontinuance

	The following HP Jetadmin software was discontinued on 31 Jan 2001.
        These products will be removed from the hp.com Web site on 15
Jun
        2001. They will be obsolete 31 Jan 2002.

            HP Jetadmin for Windows 3.x, 95, 98, NT, and 2000
            HP Jetadmin for HP-UX (R) 10.x, 11.x
            HP Jetadmin for Solaris 2.5, 2.5.1, 2.6

Apparently the JetAdmin software has been replaced by WebJetAdmin, on
this page

	http://www.hp.com/cposupport/swindexes/hpwebjetad1880_swen.html

It has versions for Win2000, NT 4.0, Suse 6.4 and RH 6.2. Unfortunately,
the page states that if it is not listed then no other OS versions are
available for download.