[lug] Another local network question

Faster-Laster jason at fasterlaster.com
Thu Jul 26 11:25:47 MDT 2001

On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 12:16:29PM -0600, David wrote:

> I am doing all of this stuff as root.  I have a .rhosts file in each
> root directory naming the other machine and root.  I have /etc/hosts
> files with appropriate information.
this is probably your problem if you are getting Connection Refused,
check out your sshd.conf files and see if the line that lets root login
is set to yes.  have you tried to connect as a normal user (i.e., ssh
iamme at host.domain.com).

|Running Windows on an Athlon is like having a brand new Porsche but   |
|only be able to drive backwards with the handbrake on.                |