[lug] Install on Compaq 1215US

Tim Klein teece at silverklein.net
Sat Jul 28 12:25:08 MDT 2001

Keith,

If I remember correctly from the days when I had a Compaq (been
a few years now), it seems that a lot of the compenents in the
machine are Compaq branded.  My modem was a 'compaq' modem, as
was the motherboard and the bios.  I don't know if they actually
manufacter the chipsets (seems unlikely), or bully some other
company into letting them call the stuff their own.

Have you tried Redhat's hardware database on their website?  As
the other poster suggested, lspci may help.  It should be seeing
the card as a pci device, and tell you how the card identifies
itself.

On my machine it is /sbin/lspci.

What does it say?

HTH,