[lug] sendmail hell

David dajo at frii.com
Sun Jul 29 10:28:45 MDT 2001

   I have some questions about the behemoth known as sendmail.  Any comments
   will *greatly* appreciated!

John,

Probably you know a lot more than I about sendmail.  However, I am
having my own sendmail hell just now (what has worked for years does
not anymore).  In fact this mail is itself an experiment for me 8-)

So I am writing to point out something that may help.  See
http://www.sendmail.org/faq/section5.html#5.3.2
which points out that linuxconf causes the rewrite!! of sendmail.cf at
every boot.  There may be other stuff there that will help you.

Good Luck.

dajo