[lug] PowerPoint

Gary Frerking garyf at turbopower.com
Sun Jul 29 15:24:40 MDT 2001

> What is the Linux equivalent of PowerPoint, please?  Is it any good?

KOffice (comes with KDE) has a PowerPoint-like thing. I think it's called
KPresent? (or something similar) Seems reasonably capable. The version I
recently tried, which I think was a fairly current version, didn't support
PowerPoint files though.

I needed something that supported PowerPoint files, so I ended up using the
presentation tool in Sun's StarOffice for a talk that I recently did. I
didn't do an exhaustive study of what was best or anything; I just used what
did the job.

-- Gary