[lug] logs

Jeremy jeremy at pedalwrench.com
Sun Jul 29 23:11:16 MDT 2001

Hello All

I am running  RH 7.1 on my server/firewall, and the same on my work station.
I would like to get the logs from the server onto the workstation as a
backup.  Here is my reasoning for this.  If a cracker gets into my system the
first thing they are going to do is delete the logs of their entry and
misconduct.  Having a backup on my workstation would make it alittle easier
to track.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Also, what logs should I
pay attention to?  I will be running web,ftp,POP mail of some sort(i.e
sendmail, imail, etc) , and SSH once I rebuild my server/firewall.

Jeremy

"no witty quote"