[lug] The changing Linux Community was Re: cp and rm

Scott A. Herod herod at interact-tv.com
Thu Aug 2 15:36:46 MDT 2001

Hi Wayde,

  I'd like to think that we are in fact teaching people to operate
the other way.  I agree that it is inevitable that as Linux moves from
a "hackers" OS to the community at large there will be a smaller
percentage
of people participating.  On the other-hand I do believe that the open
source community in particular is having a big effect on how users
(mainly developers) react to software problems in general.

  I'm currently working on a project that makes use of closed source
( even stripped ) libraries.  While I am positive that the huge majority
of people using the SDK are working with VC6, I see more linux questions
on the discussion board.

Scott