[lug] Beginner Question

Greg Horne jeerygh at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 3 11:23:12 MDT 2001

When I was a "beginner" I installed RH7 (workstation install) and discovered
that ftp and telnet do not work.  I tried installing the packages
individually, but it still would not work.  So I formatted and reinstalled
this time doing it custom style, making sure to select ftp and telnet.
Since Red Hat has a dependency checker it (I guess) found everything I
needed and worked.  So either A. Use "Server Installation" or B. Use "Custom
Installation" making sure to select ftp and telnet.  BTW, am I correct in
assuming FTP and TELNET are disabled by default on workstations for security
reasons?

Greg Horne