[lug] M$ does it again...down under

Timothy Klein teece at silverklein.net
Tue Aug 7 12:13:44 MDT 2001

I once tried to use StarOffice on a P233 with 32 Mb of RAM. It really wasn't
usable at all.  It took, literally, about 4 minutes to first fire up
StarOffice.  Every task in the program was painfully slow.  Not usable at all.

The machine ran KDE 1.something, and that was OK.  Not great, Blackbox or
the like would have been better, but it was for my Mom.

Upping the memory to 96 Mb made a HUGE difference in the performance of
StarOffice.

Tim