[lug] routing

Chuck Wiechman wiechdoctor at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 18 12:12:28 MDT 2001

I assume your AP device has routing capability right, it not
just a switch? Assuming that it does:

Add a default route to all the 192.168.2.0 clients to point to
192.168.2.1. On your AP device put a default route pointing to 192.168.1.1
that should get all your traffic to your firewall, where I assume you have
a default route pointing to the Internet already.

Then add a route for 192.168.2.0/24 on your firewall that points to
192.168.1.2 so the firewall knows where to send all your wireless
traffic.

On Sat, 18 Aug 2001, Hugh Brown wrote:

> I need to learn about routing.  I'm wondering what some good resources are.
>
> My current problem is that I have just added a wireless AP/4 port switch to
> my network.  Essentially I have this setup.
>
> Internet---[ext ip Firewall int ip]---192.168.1.0 network---[Wireless
> AP/switch]----192.168.2.0 network
>
> I was wondering what routing rules I would need in the wireless AP in order
> to get traffic from a wireless node out to the internet.
>
> Firewall
> eth0 internet routable address
> eth1 192.168.1.1
>
> Wireless AP
> port1 192.168.1.2
> port2 192.168.2.1
>
> What is a good book/resource to get to learn about how to do such things?
>
> Hugh

Chuck Wiechman				www.wiechdoctor.net
* Do or do not, there is no try.  -- Yoda