[lug] Constant Spamming

George Sexton gsexton at mhsoftware.com
Tue Aug 21 08:34:25 MDT 2001

You can directly alias to /dev/null

I have an alias (bitbucket at mhsoftware.com) in the aliases file it's just:

bitbucket:	/dev/null

-----Original Message-----
From: lug-admin at lug.boulder.co.us [mailto:lug-admin at lug.boulder.co.us]On
Behalf Of dan radom
Sent: 21 August, 2001 8:12 AM
To: lug at lug.boulder.co.us
Subject: Re: [lug] Constant Spamming

here's what i've done.  using sendmail's virtusertable i've aliased
devnull at domain.com to my user account.  when i need to give some web site my
email address i use that, which is procmail'd to /dev/null...

	:0:
	* ^TO_devnull at radom.org
	/dev/null

i also use sendmail's access feature to block the messages from persistant
idiots...

	x10.com                         "550 Sorry.  UCE (SPAM) is not accepted
here."

rebuilding the access.db is as easy as...

cd /to/where/access/is; makemap hash access < access

this combo gets most of it, and the rest i just delete.

i hope some of this helps,

dan