[lug] get yer red hot Roswell 2nd Edition!

Ferdinand Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Wed Aug 22 09:49:40 MDT 2001

KRUD 7.1 also offers a reiserfs install option (check out Kevin'g readme).  We
use KRUD and SuSE about 50/50 here and I can only say good things about
reiserfs.  Our main file server uses 70% reiserfs and the rest ext2.  A few
weeks ago I had a file corruption problem on an ext2 partition and the fsck took
about 40 min (that's what you get for storing 1/2 TB on your disks).

No Reiserfs problems yet in about 8 months of using it on production systems
doing postgres and Samba.

A nice side benefit of Reiserfs:  If your disk fills up to 100% and then someone
tries to open files for writing those files don't get corrupted.

Ferdinand

ljp wrote:

> At 20:07 8/21/2001 -0600, you wrote:
>
>> For those who are interested in the latest release of Red Hat's
>> "Roswell" (7.2 beta), I'm getting 450 KBps from mirror.pa.msu.edu.
>>
>> Ya know, I could really get used to journalling filesystems (yes, I
>> know SuSE has had Reiserfs for some time).
>

> I've been using SuSE 7 with reiserfs for some months on one of my linux
> boxes. I won't install any dist that DOESN'T have reiserfs are an
> install option anymore. I haven't tried ext3, but would be interesting
> to read any info on comparisons.
> Mandrake 8 also has a reiserfs install.
>
> ljp

Ferdinand Schmid