[lug] RH7.1 and remote display of X apps

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Wed Aug 22 17:17:15 MDT 2001

Thus spoke Tkil
> does xauth fix it?

Not that I can tell, but this was the first time I've tried running xauth.

> i'd guess that the 7.1 firewall got a bit stronger, and is blocking X
> access.  i tend to just use SSH tunnelling for that, anyway, so i
> don't really know if that's the issue or not.

That sounds about right, or they started using some obscure X security
mechanism and didn't tell anyone how to make it work like before.  Arrgggh.

So what do you do to get tunneling to work with this?  I have ssh working
between the two boxes.  How do I get the remote guy to tunnel his X client
over to the RH 7.1 box?

--
Michael J. Hammel                               The Graphics Muse
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                      http://www.graphics-muse.com