[lug] Adding user to two machines at once?

Justin glow at jackmoves.com
Wed Aug 22 17:51:44 MDT 2001

I have a couple of servers that I have users on. One server contains
every user while the other server contains only a select few of those
users. Currently what I have been doing is when I get a new user, I add
them to the primary server, then if necessary I add them again to the
secondary server. What are some ways to make this procedure a little
simpler? What I was thinking was writing a script that I can run on the
primary server which adds the user, then prompts me if I want to add
the same user to the secondary box. The script of course would need to
somehow log into the secondary box and add the user there. That is what
I don't know how to do. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to
accomplish this? Or an alternative that might be better for my
situation?

BTW, the uid's or gid's do not need to be the same between the
machines, simply the username and preferably the initial temp passwd.

TIA,
Justin
-----
glow at jackmoves.com