[lug] looking for TeX viewer/print

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Thu Aug 23 14:32:28 MDT 2001

"J. Wayde Allen" wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Aug 2001, D. Stimits wrote:
>
> > I can, but it screws up the format royally. What is displayed is far
> > from what prints, it is a quality issue.
>
> OK, that makes sense ... well it doesn't really makes sense since it
> "shouldn't" do that, but lets just say I understand.

Yes, the bane of the generic, perfectly "interchangeable"
language...interchangeable parts don't. Extension: Interchangeable
formatting isn't.

> > Aha, yes, this should do, because as you mention below, I can view dvi.
>
> If you are still having problems toss me a copy of the LaTeX
> document.  I could take a look and see if I see anything fundamentally
> wrong with it.

I may do this as a postmortem, but I need to print, so I'll be able to
try postscript versions through ghostview, but other formats will need a
printable version anyway...the LaTeX is an intermediate on the way to
print. I want to solve my printing issues once and for all, rather than
having to send out documents to make them printable.

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com