[lug] looking for TeX viewer/print

J. Wayde Allen wallen at lug.boulder.co.us
Thu Aug 23 15:04:41 MDT 2001

On Thu, 23 Aug 2001, D. Stimits wrote:

> I may do this as a postmortem, but I need to print, so I'll be able to
> try postscript versions through ghostview, but other formats will need a
> printable version anyway...the LaTeX is an intermediate on the way to
> print.

OUCH!  LaTeX doesn't really make a good intermediate.  You're usually
better off making a LaTeX document and then processing that to get to the
other formats.

      LaTeX ---> dvi ---> postscript
      LaTeX ---> html
      LaTeX ---> pdf

going from

   html ---> LaTeX ---> dvi ---> postscript

definitely sounds like the act of a desperate man <sorry>.

Heck a resume' "should" be pretty short.  Might be about as quick to hand
convert the raw html to pure ASCII and then either roll this into a LaTeX
document or go to the word processor of your choice.  Perhaps the
formating in the html document could also be fixed so the browser could
print it too?

> I want to solve my printing issues once and for all, rather than
> having to send out documents to make them printable.

Well ... then start with LaTeX <wink>.

- Wayde
  (wallen at lug.boulder.co.us)