[lug] KDAT and other tape backup software

Ferdinand Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Fri Aug 24 14:13:44 MDT 2001

Scott T. Kelley wrote:

> Has anyone out there used KDAT (Red Hat 7.0)? I can write to my tape drive
> no prob with tar (/dev/st0) but KDAT won't work. I think I set up the
> preferences correctly but no dice. Anything I should watch out for?

<snip>
KDat isn't the most reliable backup system I ever used.  But it sure has a nice
user interface.
Arkeia is free for personal use so if you need a GUI then that is what I would
go for.  You could also consider CTar.

... And - as mentioned before - KDat is no longer actively maintained.  Your
e-mail came in with a later time stamp than a response to it.  Sorry for the
duplication of this comment.

Ferdinand

--
Ferdinand Schmid