[lug] Microsoft drops support for Netscape tools

Dhruva B. Reddy sledgehammer2010 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 25 13:27:39 MDT 2001

I have always found Netscape 4.x on anything other than Windows nothing short
of horrible.  I abandoned it the moment I discovered Opera.  However, Opera is
not without its problems--it has some JavaScript issues, mostly on forms that
use it to enforce entry into mandatory fields (it sometimes refuses to send the
form, claiming that a mandatory field is blank, when in fact it's not).

I have given up the idea of using just one browser.  Opera renders pretty
quickly.  Mozilla is catching up, though.  I have switched from Opera to Mozilla
as my primary browser.  I switch to Opera when Mozilla barfs (like today, when
I ran into some downloading problems).

I wasn't impressed with Konqueror when I tried it late last year (I can't
remember why).  From your comments however, it may be time to have another look.

Dhruva